Every year insurance providers receive a variety of uncommon claims, whether it’s car, motorcycle or minibus insurance. Many include animals, trees, or inanimate objects.
This article discloses the ten most bizarre and conceal claims, all from genuine supplies:
1. One motorist was in such a panic when a wasp flew into his car and up his trouser leg that he hit the accelerator; unfortunately, also hitting the car in front.
2. Cows can be a problem. In one particular example, a driver claimed that the cow jumped onto his quad bike, presumably by accident instead of with the intention of driving away.
3. In another incident involving a cow the driver described his experience, “As I came over a hill, I hit a cow in the middle of the road, which then hit the bonnet and shattered the windscreen with its rear end”. Thankfully, the cow survived.
4. When driving close to a herd of cattle try to avoid their tongues. In a particularly bizarre insurance claim a motorist stated that the cows caused damage to his car’s paintwork by licking it.
5. Cows aren’t the only animal causing problems. A driver claimed that a reindeer fell onto the bonnet of his car. Thankfully it wasn’t at Christmas and the reindeer did not have a red nose.
6. When driving in Africa zebras can be difficult, especially if they deliberately collide with your car, as was the case with one claim.
7. Always obtain your shopping bags when driving. One driver had the misfortune to find that a potato had fallen out of the bag and had become lodged under his brakes, rending them useless.
8. Bizarrely flying kebabs can be a danger on the road. seemingly, a driver was rounding a bend when a frozen kebab flew out of his car, hitting a passing car and causing damage.
9. That’s not the only frozen item causing damage. Another motorist claimed, “A frozen squirrel fell out of a tree and crashed by the windscreen onto the passenger seat”.
10. If flashed at by a speed camera try to contain your anger. One motorist, fed up of being snapped by a speed camera, decided to take his revenge by driving into the post that it was attached to. Unfortunately, the post was stronger than expected, causing him to write off his motor.
Each of these incidents illustrates the importance of having adequate car, motorcycle or minibus insurance. After all, you can never predict when a reindeer might fall from the sky or an unhappy cow exacts her revenge.