Important Things to Know in the Real Estate Law
Real Estate is anything related to the construction and development of land and buildings either commercial or residential. This seems to be a very simple concept, but there are many legal disciplines included. Real Estate Law governs who may use an own the land or buildings.
Some terms to observe in the Real Estate Law:
• The title is the official legal term which describes the owner of the character
• The mortgage is lending money at interest in exchange of title on the debtor’s character. After the successful completion of the debt payment, the conveyance of the title becomes void.
• Foreclosure is the term used if the lender takes control of the house or any character used for mortgage if the debtor fails to pay back the amount
• The official meeting for transferring the ownership of the land or character is termed as closing
• Escrow is the term used for money or character withheld with the third party for safekeeping
• Real Estate Agent is the person licensed for negotiating and conducting real estate transactions
The much awaited regulation in the realty sector has been announced by the Government of India last year, which is the introduction of the RERA Act (Real Estate Regulatory Act). Under the act the home builders have to place about 70% of the amount in the Escrow account. This will ensure the buyers that the amount is not diverted to some other projects.
Benefits of the RERA Act:
• As mentioned earlier, the builder will divert 70% of the amount taken from the buyers to Escrow account and this will ensure the buyers that their amount is only being used for this project and safe in addition without being transferred to other projects.
• With the introduction of this new act the buyers doesn’t have to pay for the area over the carpet area. It is one of the important things to remember.
• All the clearances both from the buyer and the builder should need to be made before selling. The builder needs to disclose the information regarding the apartment.
The builders are allowed to sell the character only after getting proper clearances
RERA, is the central law, but as Real Estate is placed under state, the state governments have a major role in implementing this act. However the various other related practice area to the Real Estate law include Tax Law, Landlord Tenant Law, Accidents and Injuries, Estate Planning, Insurance Law.