Gymnastics Level 1-10 Balance Beam Times
· Gymnastics level 1, 2 and 3 balance beam routine has a time limit of 30 seconds.
· Gymnastics level 4 beam routine has a time limit of 50 seconds.
· Gymnastics level 5 balance beam routine has a time limit of 1 minute and 5 seconds.
· Gymnastics level 6 beam routine has a time limit of 1 minute and 10 seconds.
· Gymnastics level seven balance beam routine must be a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 1 minute 20 (80 seconds).
· Gymnastics level 8, 9 and 10 minimum of 30 seconds maximum of 1 minute and 30 seconds (90 seconds).
Ten seconds before your time is up the person timing will either ring a bell or say “warning.” Once your time is up you will either hear a bell ring again or the person timing say “time.” If you go over time you will receive a 0.10 deduction from your average score. If you are a level 7-10 and your routine is shorter than 30 seconds you will receive a 2.00 point deduction from your final score plus a deduction for at all event is missing in your routine. The time for a beam routine will began as soon as the gymnast takes off from the mat or springboard. And the time ends as soon as the gymnast lands on the mat after her dismount. If the gymnast falls during her routine the person timing will stop the time once the gymnast makes contact with the floor. The time will restart as soon as the gymnast makes her first move to continue her routine. The gymnast only has 30 seconds to remount the balance beam after she falls off. This time will be timed separately; this method there must be two stop watches. The person timing will notify the gymnast when she has 20 seconds and also 10 seconds remaining to remount the beam. If she doesn’t remount the beam within the time limit the balance beam routine will be terminated. Within the 30 second fall time a gymnastics coach is allowed to coach and talk to the gymnast without receiving any deduction. During the fall time the gymnast may perform a skill on the mat but will receive a 0.20 deduction.